A recent Fox News poll shows that there is a noticeable gap between Republicans and Democrats on the question of whether and how to regulate AI. While 71% of Republicans believe that federal regulation of AI is either “very” or “somewhat” important, 82% of Democrats share the same view.
The poll found that 76% of respondents saw some importance in federal regulation, but there was a noticeable gap between the two parties.
- Republicans are less convinced than Democrats that AI systems need to be regulated by the federal government
- Democrats are more confident than Republicans that the government could “properly regulate” AI
- There is skepticism among voters that elected leaders are up to the task of placing appropriate limits on this new tech
- The growing issue of regulating AI could get hung up in politics as it advances in Washington
- Overall, there is a clear divide between Republicans and Democrats on the question of whether and how to regulate AI
It is clear from this poll that Republicans are more skeptical than Democrats about the federal government’s ability to regulate AI.
While it is important to ensure that this new tech is safe and does not lead to discriminatory economic results for Americans, it is also important to recognize the concerns that Republicans have about government overreach.
Source Fox News