More and more Americans are missing Donald Trump now that we’re five months into the Joe Biden / Kamala Harris dumpster fire that they’re calling an administration. And it’s easy to see why. Even if you didn’t agree with Trump on an issue, he didn’t try to sidestep it. He gave direct, to-the-point answers to questions. You always knew what he was about. And he wanted Americans to succeed.
Biden and Harris, on the other hand, don’t appear to be anything more than bad actors, puppets on the strings being controlled by leftist nutcases like Antifa, BLM, and, some would say, the Chinese Communist Party.
It’s a disgrace.
Fortunately, Trump isn’t sitting on the sidelines. In fact, an opinion piece published today (June 18, 2021) details his thoughts on how to take racist Critical Race Theory out of America’s schools as a major step to making America a better place. Trump writes,
As a candidate, Joe Biden’s number one promise was to “unite” America. Yet in his first months as president, his number one priority has been to divide our country by race and gender at every turn.
There is no clearer example than the Biden administration’s new effort aimed at indoctrinating America’s schoolchildren with some of the most toxic and anti-American theories ever conceived. It is vital for Americans to understand what this initiative would do, what drives it and, most importantly, how we can stop it.
For decades, the America-blaming Left has been relentlessly pushing a vision of America that casts our history, culture, traditions, and founding documents in the most negative possible light. Yet in recent years, this deeply unnatural effort has progressed from telling children that their history is evil to telling Americans that they are evil.
In classrooms across the nation, students are being subjected to a new curriculum designed to brainwash them with the ridiculous left-wing dogma known as “critical race theory.” The key fact about this twisted doctrine is that it is completely antithetical to everything that normal Americans of any color would wish to teach their children.
Instead of helping young people discover that America is the greatest, most tolerant, and most generous nation in history, it teaches them that America is systemically evil and that the hearts of our people are full of hatred and malice. Far from advancing the beautiful dream of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.—that our children should “not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character”—the Left’s vile new theory preaches that judging people by the color of their skin is actually a good idea.
Trump couldn’t be more right about that. But what is the solution? Trump proposes the following:
- “First, every state legislature should pass a ban on taxpayer dollars going to any school district or workplace that teaches critical race theory […]”
- “Second, each state should create its own 1776 Commission to examine the public school curriculum and ensure that students are receiving a patriotic, pro-American education […]”
- “Third, parents have a right to know exactly what is being taught to their children.”
- “Fourth, parents need to organize locally—in every school district in America—to eliminate “Action Civics” and other versions of the effort to contort traditional civics education into a vehicle for political indoctrination.”
- “Fifth, any parent who objects to the material being taught to their child in public school should get an automatic voucher, empowering them to pick another school of their choice.”
- “Sixth, states need to take back control of their schools of education and credentialing bodies to ensure they are not churning out radicalized teachers.”
- “Finally, states need to break the tenure monopoly in public K-12 schools.”
Of course, any of these seven proposals will send a leftist (along with teacher’s unions) into fits of rage. That should give you a clue that they make sense and are actually good for your children.
I couldn’t agree with Trump more that these seven proposals, if passed, could start turning our nation back to a great nation instead of the third world socialist slum that Biden and company seem determined to make it.
What do you think of them? Tell us below.